Macy's Macy's Sherwood Mall, Stockton, CA: Administrative Support Team Supervisor in Stockton, California
As the Administrative Support Team Supervisor, you will support Stores Own Sales and My Macy's by performing all functions of an AST Associate and in addition you will oversee AST Associates, prioritize workload, and delegate all tasks appropriately to each individual team member.
General Administrative Functions:
- Coordinate distribution of all incoming communication (including phone, fax, email, mail, network printer, Stores Portal).
- Access and distribute essential reports from Stores Portal to Executive team.
- Complete and distribute Store newsletter and distribute other employee communications.
- Service all customers who visit the Store Manager's office for assistance; handle all customer correspondence.
- Organize weekly store recognition rallies; maintain store bulletin board program.
- Administration of the Safety program and accident reporting process.
Human Resources Functions:
- Coordinate the interview process for Store Management team.
- Perform administrative tasks for all new hire paperwork, input employee information in hiring system.
- Monitor new hire orientation and training sessions as needed.
- Act as liaison to the District's Human Resources office for all HR issues and objectives.
- Coordinate and schedule all in-store training; maintain training room standards and supplies.
- Review weekly training compliance report and make corrections as needed.
Operational & Cash Functions:
- Keep non-payroll supply budgets logs and balance store checkbook; review seasonal payroll/non-payroll budgets.
- Complete and submit monthly legal compliance audits.
- Maintain store supplies; process orders as needed.
- Maintain phone lists and Associate information binders at each cash wrap.
- Act as the key store operations contact; perform as liaison with systems team; submit and follow-up on work orders as needed.
- Participate in inventory focusing on administrative functions.
- Balance Vault and perform other cash functions on a daily basis; perform monthly cash office self audit.
- Replenish and balance registers; research and resolve cash shortage issues.
- Maintain Lost & Found records and register media records.
- Resolve customer issues; track customer shipments, assist with lost gift cards.
- Act as liaison to District Staffing office for all Staffing issues and objectives.
- Print Current and Future week(s) scheduling reports.
- Review schedule edit requests with Store Manager, complete with approval.
- Coordinate Annual Vacation solicitation from Associates.
- Coordinate On Call communication and solicitation of open hours.
- Monitor weekend compliance in partnership with Store Manager and Sales Managers.
- Partner with Store Management to interview and employ Administrative Support Team associates.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction.
- Address AST Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company, partnering with Store Manager when appropriate.
- Advise and provide input to AST performance evaluations.
- Make recommendations to Store Manager on AST Associate termination, promotion, advancement and talent development.
- Ensure all procedures, policies and shortage programs are understood and executed by AST Associates.
- Lead AST Associates in support of community service opportunities.
• Minimum of two years of administrative experience • Previous supervisory experience not required but highly recommended
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good analytics with knowledge of payroll systems • Motivated self-starter, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong technical skills; Proficient in Excel, Word, Lotus Notes • Strong customer service orientation • Good interpersonal and leadership skills • Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities • Effective prioritizing and time management skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-Stockton
Job: Store Management
Req ID: 71392344