Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, California
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
• Add to the diversity and out of the box thinking to a creative development team
• Developing a solution to migrate the current local database management strategy to a cloud connected Data Lake
• Migrating existing desktop based UI components to Web components
What will you do?
• Design and implement the data management strategy for existing software products
• Collaborate closely with algorithm engineers to productize algorithms into products
• Develop user interface components for the application (Desktop and Web components)
• Work closely with other project team members folllowing Agile development process
How will you get here?
A college degree in software engineering or equivalent experience
2-3 years experience developing commercial software
Experience with multiple complete software development product life cycles from concept to development and product testing and final release
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Full stack develop
Experience with .NET or Java
Strong understanding of object oriented and functional programming paradigms.
Designing and managing database systems. Experience with MongoDb is preferred
Experience developing Web UI components using some of the common frameworks (Angular, React etc)
Experience with mass spectrometry data is a big plus
This position is open open to relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.