BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Planer I /scheduler in San Jose, California
Job Description SummaryBasic knowledge of production and inventory control principles and techniques, including MRP.
- Basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Typically requires a BA in a related discipline with no experience or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Responsible for executing the Master Production Schedule (MPS) through timely material planning, production scheduling, coordination and effective utilization of available resources. Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on most work assignments.
- Assists with timely and accurate planning of material requirements to support MPS. Plans, schedules, and monitors movement of materials through production cycle. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules. Coordinates efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering. Maintains accuracy of assigned data fields in material planning system. Reports problems preventing timely planning to manager.
- Participates in development of detailed, achievable production schedules, and measures and reports performance to schedule. Plans, schedules, and coordinates products through complete production cycle. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Maintains accuracy of shop floor control system from initial input of work order data through on-going maintenance, to completion and closure.
- Reviews MPS weekly with Master Scheduler to ensure supply matches demand.
- Assists with the timely and accurate implementation of engineering changes which affect production schedule. Reviews proposed design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions and recommends implementation plans to manager in order to minimize impact to schedules and inventory levels.
- Assists with the coordination of new product introductions as assigned. Works with purchasing, manufacturing, engineering, and marketing to understand and meet material needs of new product programs. Develops specifications for new contract orders under direction of manager or higher level planner/scheduler.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training of regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required .
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status