Cisco Executive Assistant to VP, Engineering-DC-ACI in San Jose, California
Executive Assistant to VP, Engineering-DC-ACI
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Administrative and Business Support
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1229176
What You'll Do
· In this role, you will be extremely proactive with a professional and approachable demeanor in all interactions; possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of staff, executives, customers, vendors; and sound judgment. You will be expected to understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs from the Vice President. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Work in an organized and disciplined manner. Must be available to work in the San Jose office.
• Calendar Management: Manages VP's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal's calendar, what meetings are attended, and who can attend instead.
• Meeting Planning and organizations: Assists VP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item list.
• Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition. Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines, and provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem-solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
• Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for VP. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses. Works diligently to go the extra mile, working with the airlines direct to accommodate Global Services benefits for upgrades whenever they are available.
• Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Researches issues, analyze problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
-Large Corporate Events: Prepare and brief itinerary as well as accompany VP for large Corporate Events such as GSX, where EA's are leveraged for executive support.
• Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
Who You'll Work With
The Data Center Networking Group (DCN) builds and delivers Cisco’s impressive portfolio of data center products and software that empower our customers to succeed in today’s software-driven, multi-cloud world. This portfolio includes ASIC and hardware design, the full Nexus line of switches, and Cisco’s Intent-Based Networking software solutions, including Cisco ACI, Cisco Tetration, and the Cisco Network Assurance Engine. Our engineering teams are located across the world, primarily in San Jose, India, and China.
Who You Are
You have experience providing support at the VP level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease and thrive in a busy environment.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• 8+ years’ experience in the administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a Principal who was at the VP level.
• Outstanding track record of performance.
• Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
• Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Collaborative, Excellent Teamwork.
• Cisco experience preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.